Re: [mylifeismine] Relationship myths and legends

Hi Tiffany
 I hear you, we all do! We all share the same fears and concerns. Its in a relationship that weare most vulnerable. You are now 40. Do you realise that this may be the best time in your life to have a relationship? The mistakes one makes in the heat and agressiveness of youth are now tempered down. We have much more experience now, we are calmer, stronger and dont get upset easily. There are very few unpleasant surprises (of course the world can be a crummy palce and people act in the most awful manner).
 One thing that I feel I have learned is that relationships are tough! They require so much work. They require you to be strong, pro-active and positive. Its not enough to just bear or tolerate a partner's idiosyncracies or quirks. One has to be positive about it. Of course I dont mean you take crap from anyone but dont take everything personally as far as the other person is concerned. Its in such an intimate realtionship that you have to distance yourself occasionally from certain parts of the relationship.
Another thing I have learnt is that you have to have confidence in yourself and be sure about yourself in the face of tremendous uncertainty.
 And never short change yourself. You do not deserve to be in a crummy relationship. You are a beautiful sensible person and must not allow anyone to take advantage of you even it means walkling away from a person who is doing that to you.
 Life is one endless learning process and you are too young to give up!
Cheers
Sangita

--- On Fri, 6/2/09, tiffanymeek2000 <tiffanymeek2000@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
From: tiffanymeek2000 <tiffanymeek2000@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: [mylifeismine] Relationship myths and legends
To: mylifeismine@yahoogroups.com.au
Date: Friday, 6 February, 2009, 3:31 PM

Hi there everyone

My life has been a series of failed relationships since I was 16. I am
now 40. I feel as if I have been duped in some way. I have a believe
system around relationships based on what I have been taught by my
parents/friends, and by television/movies/ books. So much of this
belief system seems to be myths and legend. Are there men out there
who WANT to have an exceptional life with their female partner? This
is not a sarcastic question, it comes straight from my heart. Are
there emotionally available men out there who seek a connection with
their partner on both a physical and mental level? I want a
relationship that is so much more than mundane. I want a relationship
where the differences between men and women are celebrated. I want a
relationship that is built on honesty, openness and trust. I want my
life to be full of joy and I want a partner who wants the same for
himself. Is my belief system unrealistic? Should I be prepared to
settle for less?



Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y!7 Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo!7 Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___