Re: [mylifeismine] Relationship Delusions

Thank you Igor, thank you Sangita, I shall get a copy
of the book "Zahir". In my present relationship, there
are questions that am seeking answers to. Perry

--- sangita borgave <sangita142002@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> The Zahir is one of the best books i have read in my
> life. In my opinion all married couples should read
> this book.  i have never seen anyone take such a
> unique view of marriage and love. i feel all
> husbands shoud read this book.  And also all women
> so they can get an idea of what it is like to have
> real courage in a relationship, to struggle to
> preserve your own identity. in this day and age when
> relationships are becoming more about convinience
> its a gbook that takes you back to the basics. Why
> are you with this person? Do u respect his or her
> identity? Or is this person there in your life only
> to serve some need of yours? Are you in the
> relationship for the sheer joy of it or is it just
> routine? Truly a lovely book.
> Regards Sangita
>
> --- On Wed, 3/9/08, Igor Fuchs <i_fuc@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> From: Igor Fuchs <i_fuc@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [mylifeismine] Relationship Delusions
> To: mylifeismine@yahoogroups.com.au
> Date: Wednesday, 3 September, 2008, 3:41 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi,
> interesting you saying that about cds, they are very
> helpfull indeed.
> Lately am reading a novel from "Paulo Coelho" call "
> Zahir". and talks about "love".
> He was married and his wife left him to somewhere
> unknown, and he spends the next 2 yars looking for
> her or his old love. The problem is he is mixing up
> love with obessesion and not sure what is anymore...
> he needs to find himself first b4 find his wife.
> Very interesting point. Maybe all of us need to find
> ourselves first b4 finding new love... cheers
>
>  
> igorfuchsydney
>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: Guy DeByl <guy.debyl@gmail. com>
> To: mylifeismine@ yahoogroups. com.au
> Sent: Tuesday, 2 September, 2008 1:58:33 PM
> Subject: Re: [mylifeismine] Relationship Delusions
>
>
>
> what you say is pretty interesting. . and yes.. i'm
> interested in reading more about what you are
> learning from the cds.
>
>
> On 9/1/08, Lisa Dean <songsfromthebody@ yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Dear i fuc and others from the "My Life is Mine"
> group
>  
> I am currently listening to cds about relationships
> by Marianne
> Williamson.  She also wrote the book "A Return to
> Love" and
> this is a discussion about the book "A Course in
> Miracles"
> and I don't know who wrote this. 
>  
> Anyway, the cds (four) are a series of public
> lectures, that she
> has made around the world.  She talks about the
> "relationship
> delusions" that we have.
>  
> And one of them is that someone else can make us
> happy.
>  
> She says that while we believe that another person,
> the "perfect"
> person can be our saviour we will never be happy. 
> There is no
> perfect person, we all need to learn to love
> everyone the same. 
>  
> Relationships work better when they are approached
> as a result
> of desire, and not need. 
>  
> I'm still listening, and learning and trying to
> understand it. 
>  
> One of the things she says we do, is to create a
> picture in our
> minds of what the relationship can be like. 
> Generally, this picture
> is blown to pieces pretty quickly, because the two
> people have
> two different pictures of how they want it to be. 
>  
> I will be glad to share this more, as I listen more
> to the cds. 
>  
> Let me know what you think. 
>  
> Regards,
>  
> Lisa
>  
>  
>
>
> "The misfortunes of childhood affect the whole of
> one's life and leave an inconsolable well of sadness
> in the heart of man" P Bridas
>
> --- On Wed, 3/14/07, i_fuc <i_fuc@yahoo. com> wrote:
>  
> From: i_fuc <i_fuc@yahoo. com>
> Subject: [mylifeismine] understand you perfectly,
> To: mylifeismine@ yahoogroups. com.au
> Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2007, 10:36 AM
>
>
>
>
> Hi mate,
> To be honest don't know how to help you now. wish
> could have a
> couple of coffee and a good healthy chat to get the
> things out of
> the heart.(both, mine and yours)
> I feel the same, trying to find someone to talk to.
> Someone who
> could listen understand and give some good advices.
> Yet, don't have anyone. Am single, 46 and wish i
> could have a family
> like yours. I feel that the time is going buy and i
> will be alone.
> In the other hand you have your family and seems
> that you are alone
> too. Life is funny heh!
> Well, i am trying to read a lot, but also have to go
> to work and
> when i get home after 8pm, i can read only a page
> and fall asleep.
>
> Just before your message i sugested to a girl to
> read the book "the
> secrets" by Rhonda Byrne. Please, read it, it is
> inspiring and
> teachs you how to change your negative thoughts to
> posite ones.
>
> Hope you have a nice reading and things starts
> changing for better
> to you.
> with lots of kindness, me
>
> --- In mylifeismine@ yahoogroups. com.au, "j32217"
> <j32217@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just joined the group today and hopefully will
> get to know" the
> > like-minded people through the group eventually.
> > The reason for me to join the group is I want to
> see how others
> who
> > are in the similar situation as mine cope with
> their lives. I am
> 42
> > and married and have one daughter starting year 7
> this year. Life
> is
> > OK but rather bland in many ways. Weekdays there a
> lot of routine,
> > work, home, work, home. Weeekends are basically
> filled with
> grocery
> > shopping, home cleaning, kind of thing. Our
> marriage is again OK
> but
> > somewhat boring, I probably don*t have that much
> to talk to my
> wife
> > other than ※how*s your day§ kind of stuff,
> nor does she to me.
> > Getting into teenager, my daughter starts to have
> more debates
> with
> > us. I have read books about relationships with
> young adolescent
> kids
> > but in reality it*s not that easy.
> > So I really feel that life has lost its sparkle
> now. I am only 42
> and
> > I don*t want to be like that. I want to have a
> change. I am
> telling
> > myself to think positively but it doesn*t seem
> to be working that
> > well. I tried to pick up new hobbies such as
> carpentry. I also try
> to
> > play more tennis. But I feel I want to make new
> friends, really
> good
> > friends with whom I can talk my heart out, and
> share our ups and
> > downs.
> >
>
>  
>
>
>
>
> Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7- Find
> out more.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it
> now, on
http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/

Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7. http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y!7 Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo!7 Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___