[mylifeismine] biology or state of mind

Hi all! First time poster here.

Studies says that visualization/anticipation are more gratifying than attainment. Striving actively toward that which can conceivably be achieved, making 'progress' and being engaged in something 'meaningful' are also key. And gaining some kind of social cache - people to acknowledge that we have indeed slayed dragons - cause pleasure.

My buddhist side that knows these factors to be 'illusion' ain't interested in such games. My biology/evolution says that I ignore the world of form at my own peril.

No surprise I am being forced to sell my 19th floor half-mill condo in the heart of California paradise 'cause I wouldn't fight to keep it. After all, it's not the key to happiness.Only thinking makes it so.

It's part of the world and I have (nearly) never allowed myself to enjoy pride of ownership, nor to borrow 'esteem' by associating myself with what I owned/where I lived.

Head? Heart? Software? Hardware? Hmm?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo!7 360°

Start a blog

Public or private-

it's your choice.

Y!7 Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo!7 Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___